Zion Evangelical Missionary Church has served Didsbury and area since 1894 and is a charter member of the Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada. In 2002 we built our current facility which allows us to offer a wider range of ministries to serve our community. We are committed to the Bible with its call to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ to be proclaimed within and beyond Canada. With our thrift store and Good Samaritan's Fund, we also actively minister to social and economic needs in our community.

Through the years:

The very first permanent structure, built at the railroad siding named "Didsbury," was the church of the Mennonite Brethren in Christ settlers from Ontario.  Members homesteaded in the area on farms and in the village.  This first building stands to this day.

They were joined in 1902 by Rev. C. G. Kaatz, appointed by the Canada Conference of the Evangelical Association to serve in Didsbury.  He formed a congregation with a number of Evangelical settlers who had already arrived and were farming in the area.

The two congregations ministered side by sided until their respective denominations merged in 1993 to form the Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada.  The two congregations became officially one in 1994 subsequently taking the name "Zion" that had been the name of the Evangelical church.  In 2002 they completed a new facility to facilitate its numerous ministries to its members and to the community.

During the intervening years the two congregations cooperated in holding special meetings in the community and often joined together for a service at Christmas and for other special occasions.